Friday, May 7, 2010

My Mother's Day Begins TODAY!


Yes, it's true, I have given my self permission to start celebrating today (with the help of my amazing family of course). Mother's Day has officially become my favorite holiday (more so than New Years, my birthday, etc). It's the day I get to celebrate the one thing that keeps me going every day no matter what... I love being a mom. Usually being a Mom is hard work, but on Mother's Day, or rather throughout my Mother's Day Weekend, I have some special plans to RELAX and be pampered! To start, we are leaving the house. I think this is an ESSENTIAL part of relaxation. And I don't mean we're leaving it to go out, no no, we are leaving for the weekend to Central California where there's nothing but ranches and fresh air. So here's the plan (not neccessarily in this order)...
  1. I want to visit the Vision Quest Ranch. It's a privately own ranch that houses wild animals. Kind of like a small, personal zoo! It's out near the Ranch where we're staying this weekend and seems a little more natural than a zoo, although I will report back AFTER my visit to confirm my presumptions!

  2. This Sunday I would like to to go see "Oceans" with Zak and Charles. I really feel like these kinds of movies are a lot better for kids then the somewhat absent minded-purely for entertainment-crap Disney and Pixar have been putting out recently.Thumbs up for DisneyNature for coming up with some more educational and slightly more original than the recent aliens, monsters, and flying meatballs. Let's see how my 3 year old responds. We took him to an IMAX movie recently with a similar topic and he asked for us to rent a documentary on African animals from the library -- both of which he responded positively too -- so I've got high hopes for "Oceans".


  3. Finally, no Mother's Day would be complete without the ULTIMATE breakfast. My choice? Banana Split Pancakes, compliments of my live-in chef and extraordinary partner in life! If the picture of these doesn't make your mouth water, wait until you read the recipe and topping list! I can't wait!

For now, this is just a WishList -- of course it has been explained in great DETAIL to Charles -- but I am sure that most, if not all, my mommy dreams will come true this magical, memorable, Mother's Day Weekend!

A few Mom's I would like to personally honor this weekend (since I will be far far away from my computer):

  • Баба Лена (also known to me as "Mom")
  • Баба Алла (my Grandma, Dad's Mom)
  • Вита Прус (my Aunt in Ukraine) Мы скучаем по тебе!
  • Raquel Gonzalez (Feliz Día de la Madre!)
  • Betsy Brandon
  • Laura-Lee Cahill
  • Polina Melamed (Congrats on your 1st Mother's Day)
  • Anna Muchnik
  • Johanna Westeson
  • Jessica Kissinger
  • all our mommy friends who I am afraid to name as they may want their privacy

The great Moms I keep in my memory...

Баба Люба и Бабушка Поля

...мы будем вспомнив о вас всегда.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an Opinion? Join the Conversation!