Monday, May 10, 2010

What REALLY Happened on Mother's Day... :)

How did my Mother's Day weekend ACTUALLY go? Great, but nothing like it was planned, which is no surprise when you have a 3 year old. We did, in fact, end up going to Central California, as planned and had a great time! In the past few months I've had the amazing opportunity to watch 4 baby birds grow up and fly out the nest (literally). Take a look...
This is what the baby birds looked like in April.... Then we came back for Mother's Day and by the end of the weekend they had all left the nest!
We did NOT get to go to the Wild Things Ranch on Saturday, but instead decided to get plenty of rest...












We also had a chance to show the ranch to Zak, who of course, is fasinated by growing plants and vegetables. Although, I must say, Charles was right (*immediately bites her tongue*), it was a little difficult for Zak to ride his bike on the dirt roads!


In the afternoon we visit this very sweet and peaceful small-town library, which, coincidentally, was having a book sale! We, of course, did NOT walk out empty handed! Our purchases included a title by one of our FAVORITE children's authors: Mo Willems.













Our collection already has Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!and this time we grabbed There Is a Bird On Your Head! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)! I especially love Elephant and Piggie books because, in a sweet, loving way, they remind me of myself and Charles. This began when we first heard Mr. Willems, himself, read I Am Going! (An Elephant and Piggie Book) at our local Borders. For those of you who know the story I am Elephant and Charles is Piggie!

This was us just warming up to THE DAY (Mother's Day). On May 9th, itself, we started with a FABULOUS Banana Split Pancake Breakfast (I hope it will become a Mother's Day tradition because it was yummy!).


Then we headed out for a lovely BBQ by the river... I'll let the pictures speak for themselves! Finally, we ended my great day with Pizza and "How to Train Your Drago" in 3D (Zak insisted we see this instead of "Oceans" even though he has already seen it... how could I say no?)

HAPPY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an Opinion? Join the Conversation!