Monday, May 9, 2011

Piano Lessons... for 4 year olds!

Every Monday evening, Zak and 1 of his best friends attend piano lessons at Inspire Music (on Taravel St., just off of 19th).



At home, we use Pianolo HD on the iPad to practice!

But here is the REAL kicker: they are 4 year olds and with just 30 minutes of lessons per week (and occassional practice when I can get my son to do it!) both boys are starting to play the piano, which I myself never got to do. I figure by the they are 10 they will be the next great musicians of our time!... well maybe not, but knowing how to play music is no doubt an excellent way to get their brains working and sparking new interests.

Classes are under $25 a lesson (depending on whether you do it with 2 kids or 1 it can be under $20) and it's such a great skill to learn... My little future rock star is reading musical notes and getting to a place where Mommy can't do much to help him with practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an Opinion? Join the Conversation!